New posterzine front cover

I had a one on one with Alistair not long ago where I showed him the latest improvements I had made to my posterzine front cover that you can see below.

20170118_133307964_ios

He liked the direction I was going in but suggested some things I should look into changing and improving. The first thing was the female symbol I had made out of flowers and butterflies. As you can see below I improved it by not cutting off the images to fit the shape and keeping it unrestricted and more natural and overgrown looking.

I realised my posterzine title in the banner illustration wasn’t working anymore and I needed to move on and try something else. As the origins of feminist posterzines is quite punk-ish I thought Id try using magazine cutting of type.

I scanned my letter cut outs into Photoshop and converted them to black and white. After that I could add the title to the cover and position the letters to where I wanted them and it was complete.

20170130_112851505_ios

This should be the last update to the front cover of my posterzine as I am really happy with how it is now and feel it has the impact I wanted it to have.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s